Recipe courtesy of Chef Angel Ramos.
1 T. olive oil
1 sprig of rosemary
1/2 vanilla bean
1/2 c. of grapeseed oil
1 1/2 oz. balsamic vinegar
Pinch of sea salt (to taste)
Pinch of fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Sauté shallots in olive oil until soft.
2. Split vanilla bean in half and core (use the pulp only).
3. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool.
Macadamia-Cashew Nut Cheese
1/2 c. raw cashews
1/2 c. raw macadamia nuts
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. grapeseed oil
2 T. nutritional yeast
1 t. sea salt, or to taste
1/2 c. water
1. Cover the cashews and the macadamia nuts (separately) with water and soak over night (or for a minimum of 8 hours).
2. Drain the water and wash the nuts until the water rinses clearly.
3. Blend all ingredients (except the water together) in a blender, add water as needed until you have a creamy, but not runny, consistency.
4. Place the nut cheese in a bowl.
1 bulb fennel
1 lb. baby arugula
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut pears into halves; drizzle the tops of the pears with the extra virgin olive oil and roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
3. Roast beets, wrapped in foil, at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
4. Spread pecans on a sheet pan and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. Shave fennel in a Japanese mandolin.
6. When the beets cool, peel the skin off of the beets.
7. Slice the roasted pears and beets.
8. Add arugula and fennel and toss together; toss with the freshly made dressing.
9. Place on plates and add a few dollops of macadamia-cashew nut cheese.
10. ENJOY! Lovely with crostini or a good whole grain peasant bread.